Who Are We
Le Marche Overview
Le Marche is the winner of Golden Spoon Award for the best gourmet food retailer for 2 consecutive years. It has 6 flagship stores catering to the culinary need of Delhi.
Le Marché is the complete food store. From the basic, everyday groceries like dals and masalas to exotic imports from across the globe, Le Marché has a wide range of products from every food category. An extensive meats section with a wide range of fresh and marinated meats, poultry and seafood.
The complete range of premium fresh, frozen and marinated meats, poultry, seafood and delicatessen, are packaged and displayed in ultra clean, hygienic conditions. The fruit and vegetable section has both Indian and exotic produce, guaranteed fresh, along with a wide range of frozen and pre packaged foods. All non-vegetarian and vegetarian food items are stored under ideal conditions to preserve both nutrition and taste. The gourmet groceries, beverages, ice-cream, spices, pastas, cheese, olive oil & olives, chocolates and confectionery… along with the mouth-watering delights from Sugar & Spice, the bakery, make you feel you are in a food paradise!
The Sugar & Spice bakery in Gurgaon, covering 10,000 sq. ft., has state-of-the-art machinery, the latest technology, a highly trained team of experts and manufactures quality bakery products and chocolates. This bakery supplies quality products to stores across Delhi and the NCR.
- 100% family owned independent gourmet food retailer based out of National Capital Region (NCR).
- Operate in a premium, niche gourmet retail market catering to urban well-travelled Indian consumers who love to experiment with global cuisine & understand the finer nuances of food ingredients.
- Pioneers in gourmet food retailing – currently 2nd largest gourmet food retailer in the country and the largest in NCR with ~ INR 770 million in revenues in FY 2014.
- Currently operating out of ~28,000 sq. ft. across 6 stores in Delhi/NCR with a new store planned in the following year.
- Deep knowledge of customer psyche, perfected store formats, product procurement, robust systems & processes resulting in profitable operations at store & corporate level.
- Strong relationships across the value chain including producers, importers, suppliers & employees (low attrition of store management).
- Unaided brand awareness, brand association with gourmet retail & recall among NCR consumers – experiential marketing with footfalls generated through customer referrals.
- Known for its buying experience – product assortment, gourmet knowledge, store infrastructure & service quality.
- Le Marche a key driver of footfalls at existing locations – high demand and regular enquiries received among developers & franchisees.
Background & Revolution
Directors Key Profile:
Mr. Naresh Yadav
Bitten by the entrepreneurial bug at a young age Naresh Yadav set big goals for himself. A first generation self made entrepreneur he created the Le Marche retail concept bottom upwards. He has a rich experience of 32 years having started off in the year 1982. He has been the visionary force behind setting up Le Marche and rearing it to success. His varied business interests outside of Retail include a popular Hotel in Gurgaon, luxury salons, real estate and construction.
Ms. Mini Yadav
Born and brought up in Delhi, Mini studied commerce at Gargi College. She joined her husband Naresh Yadav in his business soon after the wedding as she was clear that she didn’t want to be just a housewife. She was interested in setting up a venture where she could use her strengths that lay in her outstanding cooking ability, her innate and deep interest in gourmet food and her learning’s and extensive observations through her travels.
But – 10 years ago the Retail landscape of India looked very different. It was dominated by small format neighborhood mom and pop stores. A gourmet food chain specializing in lifestyle food retail didn’t exist as a category until of course Ms. Mini Yadav thought it!
Since Le Marche’s inception her drive for quality has been her greatest ally. Today Le Marche stores are known for selling lifestyle experience and not the standard box selling. Mini has plans to make Le Marche bigger but keeping the fundamentals of quality and store experience as the fulcrum.
Ms. Manisha Yadav
Delhi Unversity Topper in B.A (Hons.) Maths from LSR College and an MBA in marketing and finance from MDI Gurgaon, she worked for 5+ years with XEROX India as Sr. Marketing Manager and successfully led the digital Revolution for Xerox in India. She also worked for two years with leading IT Distributors and Soultions company with last position as Head of Marketing with Esys India . During her tenure she successfully introduced esys in India by setting up 16 locations across India in just one year. The wave of the retail industry hit her soon and now she manages two Le Marche stores and various salons for the promoter group.
Mr. Praveen Yadav
Currently managing two Le Marche Stores, Salons, Adidas stores and a gym for the promoter group in Gurgaon. He holds a mechanical engineering degree from Mangalore University, previously he has worked in corporations such as Blue Star and Castrol India. He has been a Star performer and a blue eyed boy in sales division for Castrol India , won various awards and acclamation’s for his work in Haryana . With his vision and sharp ideas the company has seen a huge growth and accepted a lot of ideas that were used by the big players in other industries.
Mr. Nakul Yadav:
Sharp, incisive and go getter Nakul is the youngest member inducted into the management team of Le Marche. Armed with a graduation degree from Nottingham University UK, dollops of confidence and ideas to break new ground, he believes in hands on approach bringing unbridled energy to the store floors. Nakul in a short span of time has played a key role in integrating Le Marche IT operations and improvements in supply chain with his new ideas.
For two Consecutive year Le Marche was awarded most admired Independent Food and Grocery Retailer at the Coca –Cola Golden Spoon Awards:
Most Admired Independent F&G Retailer with regional Chain
Most Admired F& G Retailer of the year : Gourmet Food